Friday, August 4, 2017

Cheese Louise!!!

Well, I found the Agar powder, and happily made my pepperjack vegan "cheese".   It looked amazing, just like in the recipe; but unfortunately, it was not very good.  My 8 year old sampled it and did not approve.   My 11 year old sampled it and also did not approve.   My husband refused to try it. The dog liked it.  The dog also likes eating poop.   So she may not be the best judge of food.

So, I'll try some more recipes.   It tasted heavily of nutritional yeast, and I had already put in less than the recipe called for.   I think with less it would taste better.   I think most people will tell me that the problem lies with the fact that it is NOT CHEESE!!  When and if I find something good, I'll post a recipe.

I have found alot of good vegetarian and vegan recipes, however.   I made some meatless "meatballs" today, that everyone loves.   The secret is, they're made with *gasp* -- mushrooms -- and the boys hate mushrooms.   But they love these meatballs.

Chef John's Meatless Meatballs

I'm not saying a word.   Shhhhh.   They're soooo good!   They are a little time consuming.   The "meatball" mixture should sit overnight in the fridge for the best flavor, so we're having them tomorrow.

We are having monsoon weather here in Nevada, and right now, some flash flooding.   So, I'm pretty content to just stay at home and try out recipes.   I have laundry, but since it's raining, and I can't hang it out, I'll either have to hang it inside and make a temporary tent city, or ignore it.   I'll probably ignore it and cook; there are some recipes I want to try tomorrow.  

That's all for tonight.  







No comments:

Post a Comment