Thursday, August 10, 2017

What a week!

So the week started out rather spectacularly, with me wondering if I'd hurt my back at work, because my lower back was really hurting.   And then, on Monday night, when I came home from work, I started having labor like pains.  Only problem is, I'm not pregnant.  The next night, I "gave birth" to a... kidney stone.   So, instead of being all crafty and making vegan cheeses, I've been kinda lazy.

But I did try falafel tonight.  It was an amazing gluten free recipe from Vegetarian Times.   I tried it and they were DELICIOUS!   The secret was soaking the chickpeas for 24 hours,   No breadcrumbs or egg needed to hold these babies together.   They were lush.   In fact, so lush, that if you have dried chick peas, throw a cup in a pot of water and in 24 hours, you'll be on your way to Nirvana.   Trust.

Chickpeas soaking

Throw chickpeas, leeks, parsley, cumin, pepper, garlic and salt in food processor and turn into a thick paste...

Scoop up tablespoon sized portions and form into balls...

Fry in oil... turn those suckers frequently, otherwise they'll stick to the pan.  Or, you could just use a non stick pan... 

Finished product.   I served them with a yogurt sauce, but you can serve them with mint sauce, tahini... etc.  Delish!


Anyway, if you want to try this recipe, which I highly recommend, it's the Vegetarian Times Traditional Falafel 

You're welcome.   



No comments:

Post a Comment