Thursday, August 10, 2017

Joy and wonder.

Joy and Wonder.  That's what I feel when I see my kids.   Today, Clay's enrollment finished, so we went through the student orientation.   He's going into middle school, and is excited about being able to do art this year.    Actually, both the boys will be able to have art class, which they both are happy about.   He is also pretty excited about the clubs this school has, one of them being a gaming and technology club.  He said to definitely sign him up for that.   For a child that really had zero interest in school, I'm pretty excited to see him start to look interested.  

Ethan is pretty excited.   His teacher called the house today, to see if we had any questions and to talk to Ethan a bit to find out a little bit about him.  I'm afraid she found out alot about him; he totally talked her ear off!  He took her on a guided tour of his school room, describing his Harry Potter decor, and the House Points (and the ways to win house points), the chore chart and how to free a house elf, and also told her all about Star Wars and proudly showed off his light saber, turning it on and holding it to the phone so she could hear the sounds.  He told her all about Kaos, and Monkey.  I had to tell him several times to let her talk, he was so animated and excited.   However, I think she may have gotten the impression that he likes his new school room.   Well, that he likes alot of things, actually.

There is this amazing feeling watching your child talk about his interests and see his animation and confidence and pure joy.   Childhood is so magical and innocent.   I feel blessed that I'll have a bigger part of that now.

I think this year will be fun.   I will be seeing a whole lot of that.  I will be watching them learn, and grow.    I think we'll ALL grow this year.   I hope every day will be full of joy.  And wonder.   Of new beginnings, and new discoveries.  


No comments:

Post a Comment